In the unfortunate event of an accident in your hired car, follow the below steps:
- Remain calm and call for assistance for any injured persons. Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not admit liability
- Take down all details for other parties / driver(s) / witnesses involved:
Name, Identification number, Vehicle registration number, Insurance details and contact details.
- Notify Thrifty immediately. You can do so by calling our national number 086 100 2111
- Do not allow the vehicle to be towed away unless it is by somebody authorised to do so by Thrifty.
- Report the accident to the South African Police Service. Make sure you obtain a reference or case number.
- Complete and submit a Thrifty Damage Report when returning to a Thrifty branch or when a replacement vehicle is provided.